- Q. What are the minimum requirements to use this website?
A. The website supports Internet Explorer Version 7 or higher (version 8 or higher is recommended), it also supports Firefox version 3 or higher.
- Q. Why can't I open a document? I either receive an error or it appears that my browser has stalled.
A. Some of the documents on our site are in "pdf" format. At a minimum you will need a pdf reader installed on your computer. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free plugin that will work,Download Adobe Reader here.
- Q. Where can I find my membership ID number.
A. Most members received a permanent ID card. The card is plastic and about the size of a credit card. Your ID # is imprinted on the front of the card.
- Q. I am trying to login as a member and have requested a password, but I receive the following message: There is no email address on file for the specified member ID. Why am I receiving this message?
A. In order to use the member only side of the SCBA website, you must have an operational email on file with the SCBA that is open to the public. So, even if you have an address on file, it must be publishable. If you have requested that your email address on file be kept private the SCBA has honored that request. In order to maintain your requested level of email security, your e-mail address was not made available in the on line membership directory either. In order to correct this, you must notify the SCBA of a public email address. That address may, or may not be the same email address you previously had listed as private. In addition, if you do not have an email address, you may request one free email address from the association. That email address will have the @suffolklaw.net domain assigned to it.
- Q. I just joined the SCBA and I am trying to log into the member's site using my member ID, but I keep getting returned the Member Portal asking me if I already have a password. Why is this happening?
A. New member information can take anywhere for a few days to a couple of weeks before it is updated in the SCBA website. Please try again in a few days.
- Q. I am an SCBA student member, can I log into the Member's Area of the website?
A. Yes - Student members may now log into the Member's Area of the Website. If you are unable to, please contact Membership Services at 631-234-5511, ext. 221 for additional help.
- Q. I am member and have logged into my account, but I am not able to update my Name, Address, phone number, or committee information. Why?
A. Certain data is not member editable for both security reasons and to enable us to maintain matching data with the main SCBA database. However, you can edit your website URL, Practice Areas, add descriptive information about your practice, and add a cell phone number if you wish. Should you have the need to change other information, such as your address, e-mail, general phone numbers, please contact the SCBA and they will update the main database which in turn will also cause the data on the website to then be updated by the website administrator.
News & Events
For Information & Instructions log into this website as an SCBA member
ANOTHER NIGHT - A PSA Video
“Another Night” is a public service project of the Suffolk County Bar Association and the Suffolk Academy of Law
SCBA Receives the 2018 NYSBA Bar Leaders Innovation Award
The SCBA and the Academy of Law are the recipients of the New York State Bar Association's 2018 Bar Leaders Innovation Award for its film production of "Another Night," a public service project that addresses the increasingly serious epidemic of opioid and heroin facing our young people in Suffolk County. The film, spearheaded by President Justin M. Block, follows two siblings' journey through prescribed medication, to illicit drugs and arrest through prosecution in the Suffolk County Courts. For further information or to receive a copy of the film, call headquarters (631) 234-5511.